Customer Support Manager
We love Bikes!
We are a well-funded consumer-tech hardware startup based in Brooklyn, New York. Biking is our passion, and our mission is to make cycling easier by offering the public affordable and accessible e-bike technology. We are seeking talented and innovative thinkers to help us scale rapidly.
CLIP, our first product, is a portable propulsion device designed to enable e-bike functionality on regular bikes at a fraction of the cost and complexity of an e-bike or traditional conversion kit. CLIP was featured as a Top Innovation at SXSW 2021 recognized as a TIME Magazine 100 Best Inventions for 2020 and also won a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award last year. CLIP is the only product in the bike mobility upgrade category that is pure ‘plug & play’. And not to brag (well, maybe just a little)… CLIP is light, fits in your backpack & looks great charging on your desk.
At Clip, you will do the work you love, be yourself, and help make a positive impact on climate change and urban congestion, as well as enhance recreation and fitness by persuading people to bike further and more often. If this sounds compelling, a position at Clip may be the right fit for you!
What you will do:
As part of the Growth team you will be focused on building customer demand for CLIP by helping create a clear and easy understanding of the product and technology by responding proactively to all queries about CLIP.
We are looking for an individual that is ready to join the fast-paced culture of an early-stage company and also brings the experience of having successfully done it before. Someone who is enthusiastic, friendly and has a high degree of empathy to help CLIP’s potential customers understand the product better by answering their questions across all inbound channels. (web messaging, email, phone, and social media)
Someone who loves to engage people and help them feel like a part of a community and a common mission
You will work directly with CLIP senior leadership and influence product roadmap and improvements. You will also be the customer’s ally in helping them derive value from their CLIP.
- Responding to in a timely manner all inquiries via web messaging, email, phone and social media (within operating hours)
- Compile and manage a database of issues and solutions to be shared with the product team
- Sync with the CEO and leadership team to influence high level product decisions based on customer feedback
- Report to COO and work in partnership with the product team to solve customers’ issues
- Onboard new customers and help guide them through the first setup
- Educate our customers to have the best experience with Clip
- Develop a proper tracking tool of issues and individual customer history
- Look into integrating customer issues into a CRM system
- Process new orders, Coordinate returns and assist with repair and reshipping
- Maintain the Brand image in all communications
- Gather occasional feedback from all customers to make sure they are happy with CLIP
- A 3-5 years experience in a customer-centric role
- Problem-solving skills – you like jumping into problems and finding solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and communicate effectively
- Proven control of digital tools
- Proven expertise building database
- Positive, upbeat and creative personality
- Ability to take initiative and be highly organized
- Good interpersonal relations skills
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing
- An existing passion for biking
- Experience in the mobility space
- Located in NYC.
- A competitive salary
- Health Care
- Access to the brilliant Newlab ecosystem of inspired entrepreneurs in Brooklyn
- A position that improves community health and helps the planet
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and all decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Can be remote but in-location preferred.
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: TBD
Your application has been successfully submitted.