Public Affairs Manager - Benelux
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
Lime is hiring a Public Affairs Manager to help maintain and develop external stakeholder relationships as it continues to grow its shared e-scooter services across Belgium and shared e-bikes in Rotterdam.
You will join a public policy team who shares Lime’s vision for new and environmentally friendly transport options and have the unique opportunity to use your public affairs and communications skills to directly contribute to Lime’s commercial growth in the region.
You will need the ability to work flexibly, engaging in a range of public affairs activities - and producing high-quality results. You will be comfortable working without supervision and owning responsibility for projects, tasks, and geographic areas and will have experience building relationships with elected officials (both local and national), local authorities, and important third-party stakeholders.
A strong understanding of Belgium and Brussels' local politics is essential - as are the skills to communicate effectively both externally and internally and to manage multiple deadlines.
You must speak Flemish, French, and English and be happy to travel for work, including to Antwerp and Rotterdam where Lime already operates successful e-scooter and e-bike services.
12-month fixed term contract, with the possibility to become permanent.
What You'll Do:
- Manage relationships with local authorities, transport partners, and third-party stakeholders, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and communicate Lime's priorities and approach.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure compliance with the city rules.
- Help local authorities, transport operators, local partners, and other relevant institutions understand how Lime’s mobility solutions can work for their cities.
- Plan and execute local campaigns on specific issue areas such as safety.
- Work closely with the wider local policy team to identify growth opportunities and any risks or upcoming policy challenges for Lime.
- Relevant university degree.
- Minimum 3 years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills and attention to detail.
- Commercial drive to use your public affairs and communication skills to grow Lime’s business.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid scale-up pace
- Able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, and leveraging tech for good.
- Command of Flemish, French, and English.
- Willingness to travel for work.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.