Director of Business Development
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
We are adding a Director, Business Development to our Leadership team. In this role you will collaborate with the Vice President, Corporate and Business Development to identify, negotiate and manage new commercial deals that are relevant to Lime. In addition, you will develop, pilot and manage the development of new revenue streams meant to expand our addressable market, tap into new segments and / or monetize our assets. As one of the founding members of our Business Development team, you will develop a business strategy and work with diverse teams to close and execute successful deals in partnership with the Operations, Product, Finance and Marketing functions.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role in developing end-to-end new business deals that result in revenue generation from the ground up and accelerate Lime’s top-line growth
- Spearhead the global partnership strategy across key Business Development verticals and negotiate deals end-to-end
- Identify specific partners to engage and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case
- Assess the viability of new ideas with an outside-in perspective as well as through testing with partners
- Build strong relationships with executive stakeholders and key partners
- Collaborate with Operations, Product, Finance, and Marketing, to ensure successful development and execution of partnerships
- Create playbooks and pitch materials to empower Lime international teams and local operations to efficiently scale partnerships across key Business verticals
- Partner with Legal to support internal stakeholder dealmaking needs
- Develop, coach and nurture a team of Business Development professionals. This includes learning and developing employees’ strengths and skills as well as providing timely feedback and recognition.
- 12+ years of relevant business development experience including prior experience working in a startup organization
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of professionals including providing coaching and performance management
- Experience in mobility or consumer tech business development preferred
- Ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to drive complex, multi-faceted deals
- Proven dealmaker and strategic thinker with an ability to execute in an evolving, ambiguous, and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience in building business cases for new ideas (e.g. market sizing, competition assessment, margin quantification, go-to-market strategy, etc) and working with in-market Operations and with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product) to pilot and grow the business.
- Expertise in stakeholder management
- Outstanding problem solver: creative, solution-oriented, adaptable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations
- BA/BS degree
The anticipated salary range for this position is $147,000.00 - $220,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.