Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Metro Mobility, LLC
In-office position: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience writing code
· Experience in either Django development or Swift iOS development
· Willingness to learn new frontend and backend technologies
· Basic knowledge of C++
· Basic knowledge of secure systems and algorithms
· strong capacity for independent learning
· Experience in both Django (Django REST Framework) and Swift iOS development
· Working knowledge of Android development in Kotlin
· Knowledge of secure systems and algorithms
· Dev-ops experience with Docker, Heroku, AWS
· Experience with Arduino-based C++ firmware development
· Working ability to analyze/plot data in SQL/pandas
· Strong communications and presentation skills
· Ability to work well in a small high-functioning engineering team
· Ability to grow and evolve into a leadership role
About the job
Metro Mobility is developing next-generation technologies that will change how people move. We're looking for a senior software engineer to lead software development and help shape the direction of our startup. As a senior software engineer, you will work as part of a small, versatile, high achieving team that is growing, pivoting, and pushing toward providing a fast-forwarded solution to the world's transportation problems.
Salary is determined by experience, role, and skills.
For further information please contact:
Metro Mobility is a technology and engineering company with a focus on shared Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs), and LEV charging. Our technology offers a novel form of LEV sharing with a focus on providing right-size vehicles that combat climate change and transportation produced emissions. By getting car commuters and travelers out of their cars and onto LEVs, we aim to have a lasting impact on carbon emissions. In the United States, transportation emits more carbon dioxide per year than any other sector, and most of these emissions come from smaller passenger vehicles. Join our team to have a real impact on the future of our planet's climate. Lots of people talk about the need to tackle climate change. We are actually doing it!
Our offices are near Inman Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. We have transitioned back to in-office.
· Develop new features for vehicle and vehicle-charging controls
· Act as the primary maintainer of the iOS and backend API codebases, implementing features and bug-fixes
· Oversee Android and firmware development
· Help to make technical choices in the development of the codebases, and communicate the risks and benefits to the rest of the team
· Continue to develop secure communications protocols between cloud, firmware, and client mobile apps
· Serve as primary interface with non-technical team members and stakeholders
Metro Mobility is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. At Metro Mobility, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, visit https://metromobility.io/inclusion/ for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Metro Mobility is a technology and engineering company with a focus on shared Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs), and LEV charging.