Replica provides data about the built environment and the ways people interact with it. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 75 employees both working remotely and from our offices in Seattle, Oakland, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
The engineering team currently covers the heavy lifting of machine learning modeling with data pipeline processing to the application code/web client and the infrastructure required to deploy it to our customers. Most of the engineering team is based in Seattle and San Francisco, but we work with cross-functional teams in Kansas City and New York and customers across North America.
- Maintaining existing tools and infrastructure to support the current development flow
- Design and implement new tools, infrastructure, and automated processes to increase the developer productivity
- Work with data, infrastructure, platform engineering team and research team on enhancements of the engineering environment
- Participate in the build vs buy decision for technical solutions that Replica needs.
- Project and plan for future infrastructure need from scaling up the GCP to support data pipeline need and data serving need
- Project and plan for database and columnstore capacity and concurrency requests SLAs.
- Develop stress test that in turn offer guidance on strength Replica’s infrastructure integrity
- Automate our operational processes in compliance with Replica’s security requirements ranging from authentication, authorization to encryption
- Contribute to our DevOps team best practices.
- Promote a measurement-based approach towards higher stability and robustness in Replica’s infrastructure
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Github Actions, Prefect, Postgresql, Dask, Terraform, Grafana, influxDB, Telegraf, Prometheus, DataDog, GCP, BigQuery, Python for Automation
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- At least 4 years of experience in automating and monitoring infrastructure using Terraform, Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in building CI/CD systems, and working with developers to build easy to deploy containers.
- You've scaled, managed, maintained, and monitored systems using GCP/AWS, Kubernetes, PostgresSQL, BigQuery, and similar technologies.
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing humans from the loop.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans.
- You have a strong understanding of how networking works (DNS, HTTP, VPC,etc).
- You have a security and privacy mindset.
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning.
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact.
- Equity at an early stage startup.
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and HSA options.
- 401k account + employer contribution.
- Offices in Oakland, New York, & Kansas City
- Flexible PTO.
- Monthly no-meeting week.
- Replica is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
- The salary range for this position is $138,000 to $182,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to relevant qualifications, depth of experience, skill set, certifications, training, education, and specific work location. The compensation packages may be adjusted based on the candidate’s work location, due to differences in the cost of living for the given location. Our position titles may also span multiple career levels.
- The total compensation package for this position additionally includes equity stock options, employee benefit package, 401k with 3% safe harbor employer contribution, unlimited PTO, and may also include other applicable incentive compensation and/or bonuses. For more information, visit https://replicahq.com/careers/
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.