Technical Operations Manager
What you will do
Reporting to our Customer Director, you will be responsible for achieving technical excellence within Cowboy’s Operations team to achieve a world-class service at scale. This is a key role within our Operations team that interacts with multiple teams and has a direct impact on our core business KPIs.
Your primary objective will be to generate and maintain the technical knowledge required for the Operations team to improve our product and service offering, and then to ensure this knowledge gets shared across the organisation to all relevant stakeholders.
To achieve this, you will be working in close relationship with:
- Stakeholders in charge of our fleet of bikes on the road: Customer Success Experts and mechanics (both mobile technicians and based in our physical Service Centers)
- Tech and product teams: Quality, Hardware and Software engineers.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as the technical source of truth for the Operations team: document answers to all known technical questions, and look for answers with relevant stakeholders from product teams in case of new questions. Own and improve knowledge repositories.
- Improve the technical expertise of the Operations team: Coach and upskill customer facing employees to ensure accurate, efficient and customer-centric diagnosis.
- Transfer new field developments to product teams (Quality, Hardware Engineering, Software): you will identify and raise new field issues to the relevant stakeholders, and are an active participant in recurrent product issue resolution workstreams.
- Analyse & communicate technical and operational data: build strong data analysis of core metrics (issue resolution time, repair costs, issue diagnosis accuracy, failed repair rate) and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Own and improve key metric performance: From strong data analysis, build and execute action plans and improvement projects. Improve the efficiency of tools and processes, design the most appropriate repair solution per issue, reduce occurrence rate of failed repairs, share your input on serviceability of future models, etc.
Who we are looking for
- Technical Experience; 3+ years of relevant experience, where you’ve built strong expertise on how a technical product works. (Experience in consulting, startups and/or investment is a plus)
- Analytical mindset: proven ability to identify patterns and solve new problems in a structured way
- Communication skills: Ability to summarise and explain complex technical topics to a wide audience. English is a must, French/Dutch/German is a plus
- Data competency: Ability to work with complex data sets - Spreadsheet proficiency is a must
- “Champion” mindset: confidence to speak up and raise topics to the highest level of leadership within the company
- Driven by results: Track record of consistently driving towards improving results
- Ability to execute and willingness to get your hands dirty: strong ability to put theory into practice, proactively identifying next actions based on latest developments
- Formal Education: Bachelors Degree, e.g in Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree is a plus.
- Ability to work minimum 50% in Brussels, Belgium.
Who we are
In 2018, Cowboy introduced the most beautiful, simple, and connected electric bike for urban riders. With a vision to be the ideal mode of transport, Cowboy has transformed the electric bike to be a fully connected ecosystem that our riders experience every day. Over time, the cultural impact we imagine is one of creating the living city - urban environments that are more mindful of us and the way we want to move and more sustainable for all its inhabitants.
We are a disrupter in the market with ambitious goals, winning Red-Dot awards in 2018, 2019, and 2021. We enhance the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service. Our mission is to become the most desirable micro-mobility company in Europe & US by 2025.
In January 2022, Cowboy raised $80 Million of funding from international investors led by HCVC and Siam Capital with continued support from previous investors Index and Tiger Global in the Series C round.
A Cowboy is someone with the courage, despite their fears, to follow their own intuition and to move their own way. Courage is the human emotion shared among our riders and with us as a brand.
Cowboy is about ‘customer obsession’, creating a seamless customer experience and being close to our riders from the moment of discovery to the moment where a problem arises and when we want to be close to solve it. Building a new way to move in your city we aim to reinvent customer relations through mobile service, automation, predictive maintenance whilst building long-term partnerships with our customers on trust and care.
What we offer you
As well as this being a key role within Cowboy’s operation team, giving you the opportunity to contribute to the Customer Success strategic decisions and providing the opportunity to have a direct impact on our growth potential by creating a world-class customer experience, we have the following benefits as standard:
- Highly competitive package with a clear and open salary structure
- 30 days annual leave/ vacation days (exclusive of local bank holidays)
- Your own Cowboy bike* (and a nice discount for your family)
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Annual L&D budget
- If you are based in Belgium then an annual budget to cover some of your costs on the days you chose to work from home. If you aren’t based in Belgium then you will receive a monthly remote work fund to set you up for success or co-working subscription if preferred.
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Daily meal allowance
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Your application has been successfully submitted.