Director of Product Management (Maps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience as a product management leader managing a team of product managers.
- Experience working with third-party partners and creating developer-facing products.
- Experience with platform product development.
- Experience building a safe, inclusive, and representative organization.
- Experience with technology and problem-solving to develop and implement creative solutions.
- Experience leading the transformation from infrastructure to enterprise-class platform, launching, and scaling developer products across markets with an outstanding product portfolio.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to set and drive strategy for a product team, providing guidance on individual projects.
- Ability to achieve goals and advocate designs.
About the job
The Geo team builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Maps to enhance their apps and websites. Geo includes Maps, Google Earth, Street View, Maps for Business, and Places for Business teams.
Our platform of today has enabled Maps to grow rapidly in the past decade driving enormous scale of user base, developers, and features/products that have been built and launched on it.
But our drive for innovation to respond to dynamic needs of the next generation of users, competitive landscape, and incessant growth in scale of our products, requires a technical, platform, and infrastructure experienced product leader.
In this role, you will help build the basemap layers and the platform to empower product innovation with maximum developer velocity, including testing, experimentation, and debugging, while upholding and advancing reliability, compliance, latency, and capacity optimization.
The Geo team is focused on building the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users, through products like Maps, Earth, Street View, Google Maps Platform, and more. Every month, more than a billion people rely on Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives.
The Geo team also enables developers to use the power of Google Maps platforms to enhance their apps and websites. As they plot a course for the future of mapping, they are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving our understanding of the real world.
- Set the strategy and the roadmap for the next decade of maps, and drive the product strategy to foster an ecosystem of Maps capabilities across apps and devices. Advance the user experience vision for the basemap, layers, and views of Maps.
- Define and build comprehensive developer experiences.
- Understand the product and business strategy to identify and anticipate user, platform, and infrastructure needs, while prioritizing the roadmap for maximum impact.
- Influence our product partners with technical insights to provide both platform offerings and implementation guidance, guardrails, and prerequisites to ensure long-term performance and sustainability of the product and platforms.
- Lead and grow a team of product managers who work on aspects of the basemap, views, and the underlying infrastructure, such as serving, rendering, experiments, compliance, and latency, and reliability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.