Senior Manager, Safety Policy
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered 350+ million electric bike and scooter rides in 200+ cities on 5 continents, saving an estimated 75+ million car trips. Learn more about how we help the world #RideGreen at li.me!
Safety is at the core of everything we do at Lime. The Senior Manager of Safety Policy is a highly strategic position, entrusted with crafting Lime’s safety policy strategy, and articulating our policy goals and positions both internally and externally. You will work with Government Relations teams around the world to adapt our global positions to local markets, empowering local teams to address safety-related regulatory challenges. You will guide the creation of policy safety campaigns and external-facing facing materials (such as white papers and safety reports) that elevate Lime as the industry leader on safety, in partnership with Brand & Communications, Trust & Safety, and Policy Research. In parallel, you will establish strategic partnerships with global safety organizations to amplify and validate Lime’s positions. In this position, you will report to the Global Head of Policy.
What You'll Do
- Develop Lime’s policy safety goals and strategy - especially as it relates to protecting vulnerable road users, building micro mobility infrastructures, sharing public space safely with other users, and achieving Vision Zero.
- Develop Lime’s position and recommendations on key safety regulations and issues as well as supporting tools such as advocacy talking points, best practices, and other tactics to empower local teams in advancing Lime’s safety policy and regulatory goals.
- Provide expertise and support local policy teams in developing local policy and advocacies strategy to address safety-related regulatory challenges and/or in developing strategies that position Lime as the safety leader.
- Identify and build strategic advocacy partnerships with safety third-parties to support and further Lime’s safety policy goals.
- Build safety campaigns in partnership with Brand & Communications that differentiate Lime as the safety leader
- Coordinate creation of external-facing materials such as white papers and safety reports that elevate Lime’s thought leadership and unique commitments to safety, in partnership with Policy Research, Trust and Safety and Brand and Communications teams.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a role involving transportation or urban planning focusing on transportation/road safety
- Strong knowledge of transportation and urban planning safety policies like Vision Zero
- A track record working with or for organizations operationalizing safe streets initiatives and representing cyclists, pedestrians, and vulnerable road users safety
- Experience drawing insights from data to build a data-driven safety strategies, goals and message
- Strategic, creative thinker, with eagerness to solve problems and think long-term
- Strong project management skills and ability to drive collaboration and consensus amongst cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English spoken and written, fluency in French or German a plus
- Experience in research a plus
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
The anticipated salary range for this position is $77,000.00 - $126,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
Your application has been successfully submitted.