Product Manager (Remote Support)
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics company whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
The Operations Product team is responsible for building products that supercharge our operations to safely, efficiently, and effectively power our Autonomous Vehicles. As part of the Remote Support Team within Ops Product, your top priority will be to build tools that allow operators to assist our Autonomous Vehicles. The ability to monitor / control our vehicles remotely plays a key role at Nuro, and we are defining the industry standard for how this is done. To tackle these high-impact, but ambiguous initiatives, you will collaborate closely with our operations, design, UXR, and engineering teams.
You will own:
- In-house Products: Ranging from an operational hub that enables successful deliveries, to a 3D tool that unlocks remote support of Autonomous Vehicles, these tools are some of many tools within the operational ecosystem. We optimize the end to end workflow for operators’ daily operations by making data driven decisions.
- Continuous Learning Program: Communication with operators defines our success. This program includes collaborating with program managers from our operations team to review operator performance data and collect feedback from operators.
- Communication with Stakeholders: To support operators passing thresholds for on-road operation, we collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across several organizations to translate the high-level requirements into operational success.
About the Work
- Empathize with Operators. You are focused on the users, Operators, and invest the time to deeply understand their various workflows. Hands-on learning - rolling up your sleeves and giving it a try yourself - energizes you.
- Inform Operations roadmap. You know what it takes to operate a safe and efficient commercial service. Given your vision of the big picture, you prioritize and define the products needed to make it a reality.
- Build tools to scale. You lead the team to define, design, and develop innovative solutions that give our Operations Team “superpowers”. Your step-change products directly influence the number of operators we need to operate each vehicle.
- Be a force multiplier. You define and communicate product goals, requirements, and constraints. You surface problems and dig-in to fully understand the root cause. You source and synthesize feedback from internal experts and experiments, which is then incorporated in the solution. You define success, measure progress, and have creative tactics to push the pace.
- User-Driven: You develop deep empathy for your user, fully internalize their needs, and have a strong intuition about the best ways to meet them.
- Technically Fluent: You have experience building tools with engineers and can be the technical representative in conversations without engineers.
- Strategic: You know the value and priority level for every product you are working on and every feature you propose - both to your user, and to the business overall.
- Data-Driven: You can extract important insights from whatever data is available, even if it is sparse or imperfect. You highlight valuable data we don’t have and how to collect it.
- Self-Directed: You proactively sort out the most important thing to work on. You take accountability for issue reporting, feature development, and testing. You don’t need to be told how to execute on them.
- Influential Communicator: You are skilled at collecting input from, and presenting insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.