Chief of Staff
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to work with our Founders. Nuro’s organization spans fields including Robots, Software, People, Operations, Commercialization and Policy and the central planning team needed to support them. In this role you will work closely with the Founders and Head of Operations and People as well as the team to build, run, and evolve the Organization's structure and processes. This will require encouraging effective org-level leadership by facilitating shared priorities, decision making, accountability, and strategic focus. You will closely collaborate with operation heads and company leadership to maximize alignment between and within teams.
About the Work
- Stand in as a leader for functions as necessary, providing interim management and identifying/hiring a long term backfill (e.g. marketing and comms)
- Program manage company level priority projects, coordinating across the organization and driving execution.
- Remove hurdles and be a catalyst for operations management. Define new or improve existing processes across operations.
- Filter and facilitate on behalf of the Head of Operations and People to ensure high leverage and attention on the most critical issues for the org.
- Serve as a critical POC between Software, Robotics, Systems & Safety, and Product teams and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Help lead and drive efficient and repeatable headcount, OKR, sprint, and milestone planning.
- Help drive inner department program timelines and milestones on critical path defined by org leads, identify and mitigate risks, resolve dependencies, unblock progress, and escalate issues.
- Manage organization-wide alignment through important communications and reporting, across all levels of the organization, team all hands, and off-sites.
- Drive tech talent and culture initiatives with our People Team, including recruiting, onboarding, learning and development, performance management, talent reviews, and retention.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and cross-functional or highly matrixed teams who do not report directly into you.
- 5+ years of experience in product, engineering, operations, or technical consulting roles and a track record of successful positions of increasing responsibility.
- Deep familiarity with highly technical product development teams, research teams, and processes across software, product, user experience, and data science, and an understanding of the applicability of different skills and methodologies.
- 2+ years project management experience. Ideally working engineering teams spread across domains.
- Ability to build strong partnerships independently, and influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve complex and undefined problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior experience in an organization that has productionized research
- Knowledge of Self Driving, AV or other AI related technologies
- Experience mentoring and partnering with first time people leaders
- Experience managing stakeholders across multiple offices and timezones
- Executive stakeholder management experience
- You have the ability to work with a variety of people and assist in holding them accountable to deliverables.
- You have start-up DNA: You have shown the ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic, start-up environment or have the DNA to do so.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.