Manage, DashMart - Strategy & Planning
About the Team
We’re looking for a hands-on builders and leaders to help build and scale DoorDash’s next billion dollar business, DashMart. The DashMart team is focused on building a new type of grocery store, offering both household essentials, local restaurant favorites and fresh products to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
You will be a key member of DashMart’s newly formed Strategy & Planning function, working as the glue across DashMart’s functional teams to develop and drive forward our strategy. In more detail, you will own:
- Strategy Definition, driven by analytics, deep knowledge of the competitive landscape and quick iteration and testing directly on the DashMart team, you will help inform and bring to life what is next for DashMart.
- Strategic Planning, implement the defined strategy via yearly and quarterly planning.
- Performance Management, develop a system for active performance management of DashMart’s top/bottom line and customer strategy, and facilitate the active management of DashMart’s P&L intra quarter.
- Special projects & SWAT, own our most challenging business problems, from problem identification to strategy, including rolling up your sleeves to own solution implementation and operate the business.
You will report directly to a Senior Manager, DashMart Strategy & Operations who leads growth strategy & strategy and planning within the New Business Verticals organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build & Strategize. You will directly own the dasher cost line item on DashMart’s P&L and our speed and quality KRs.This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with cross-functional teams, including real estate, product and finance to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- Build the Bottom Line. You will also play a role in defining our delivery zones and their impact on speed and cost.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re excited to manage and grow a team. We are building a team of launchers and operators to support our local organization to grow to scale.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments. You thrive on defining and carving out scope and processes for you and your team. You excel at working cross-functionally.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable modeling in Excel and/or SQL & Tableau. You know how to quantify impact and prioritize where your team can move the business forward.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in tech, banking, consulting, logistics or a related field
- You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
- You have a BA/BS degree
- You’ve working in strategy consulting or banking
- You love SQL
- You’ve spent time building at a high growth tech company
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Per the New York City Commissioner’s Order Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, dated December 13, 2021 (as modified), employees who work on-site at a DoorDash office are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to the employer before entering the workplace.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Your application has been successfully submitted.