Dance is a fast-growing electric bike and moped subscription service on a mission to make emobility easy and cities more sustainable. Dance members get their own vehicle, theft coverage, and on-demand repairs on a flexible monthly subscription. An excellent customer experience is key to keeping our members happy—that’s why our local operations teams are so important. Join a dedicated team of mechanics, drivers, assembly specialists, shift leads, and city leads keeping Dance riders on the road in every city. Dance currently operates in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Vienna and Paris.
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF YOU
- A competitive salary
- Up to 30 days’ vacation per year—because it’s important to switch off
- Generous learning and development budget
- Access to nilo.health for your mental wellbeing
- An optional private pension plan with company matching
- Your own Dance ebike or moped subscription
- Up to €300 for every friend you refer to work for Dance
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lead Mechanic, you are the link between the City Lead and our ebike and emoped mechanics. You hire, train and supervise our team of mechanics and are the go to person for assigning the team tasks and priorities. New processes will be implemented and communicated to the team through you. Structure and workshop flows will be designed in collaboration with your city lead and executed and overlooked by you. You will report to our Berlin city lead. The role is located in Berlin
As a Lead Mechanic you will,
- Hire, train and supervise a team of ebike and emoped mechanics
- Review and manage the performance of mechanics based on pre-set KPIs
- Communicate and train mechanics on (repair) process changes
- Make sure that the workspace is clean and organized at all times
- Be responsible for spare parts management and ordering
- Regularly conduct complex ebike and emoped repairs if needed
- Help us continuously improve our service by regularly collecting and providing feedback to our City Lead, central operations and hardware team
To be successful in this role, you:
- Are an experienced mechatronic technician (preferably e-bike or e-moped)
- Ideally have the relevant vocational training (we are also happy to welcome career changers with a solid understanding of e-bike repairs!)
- Have a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
- Have people management experience with good communication skills
- Have a great attention to detail and be tech savvy
- Are fluent in English and German
- Have an eye for quality and the drive to strive for it
- Are excited to help us grow, but work also on your personal growth
At Dance, we deliver speedy, top-quality customer service—and our local teams of mechanics are key to keeping Dance members on the road. Join a talented team of bike and moped repair specialists and help us on our mission to make cities more livable.
Your application has been successfully submitted.