Software Engineer (Integrations)
Zoba builds leading spatial optimization products to improve the efficiency of cities and the lives of people that live in them. Zoba’s API-first platform powers operations and dynamic pricing for the world’s top urban mobility operators in over 250 cities around the globe. Zoba speeds adoption of electric, sustainable urban mobility solutions by increasing operational efficiency and profitability of operators. Zoba was founded out of Harvard and MIT and is backed by leading investors including CRV, Founder Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We are looking for software engineers with 2 years or more relevant professional experience who love diving into code to create new solutions and resolve customer problems to join our growing team. You will work directly with customers to understand their technical needs and work closely with both the Zoba product engineering and customer success teams to build scalable solutions. Our customers rely on Zoba to increase overall ridership, improve operational efficiencies, and comply with city regulations. You will interface with key technical stakeholders at companies across four continents and have the opportunity to work at the front-lines of a rapidly growing startup!
In this role you will:
- Solve novel technical problems for customers: You will work with Zoba’s customers to understand their use cases and work with them to design and implement creative solutions. Data is at the heart of Zoba’s systems, and we work with each customer to ensure that we can leverage data to improve their operations.
- Integrate customer data: You will build integrations using internal and external data feeds to get data into Zoba’s core systems.
- Streamline and enhance Zoba’s platform: As a member of Zoba’s engineering team, you will identify product gaps and build new features and prototypes. You’ll help build the first feature iteration and work with the rest of the engineering team to bring features to scale.
- Automate workflow inefficiencies: You will identify opportunities to automate and improve repeated workflows and build scalable tools and systems for addressing customer needs.
- Consistent Learning and Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to keep learning about and pushing the envelope of how geospatial analytics, machine learning and optimization can help improve the efficiencies of cities.
What we are looking for:
- Thoughtful and creative problem solver: You enjoy developing and building creative solutions to a wide range of customer and technical problems. You can learn and apply new subject matter quickly.
- Familiarity with the backend: You understand how parts of a system fit together - from web interfaces to the data model. Experienced candidates should be familiar with Python and frameworks like Django.
- Proficiency working with customer data and APIs: You have worked with APIs in the past and are a wiz at manipulating data.
- Empathetic Communicator and proficient English speaker: You can explain complex technical concepts with clarity, to a user, engineer, or executive in English and bring the voice of the user back to the team.
- Passion for solving customer problems: You care deeply about creating products that work for users in the real world.
- Collaborative and biased toward action: You thrive in a team-first environment, have a “get-it-done” attitude, and care about growing and helping others do the same.
- Bonus: You are interested in spatial data, mobility, and making an impact on cities and the lives of people who live in them.
At Zoba, we view diversity as a strength and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees of all backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build the future of mobility